Clients often ask me what they can hang over their headboard that will be good Feng Shui. For an image placed over the headboard to be Feng-Shui-Correct it has to be light enough that it would not hurt people if it fell, so large images with heavy frames are a no-no. The image also needs to be auspicious for couples. This means it should promote equality, beauty and communication.
People make many mistakes when choosing what to put on the wall behind their headboard in the master bedroom.
These are some common mistakes:
- Placing an image of a single item (not good unless you want to be single).
- Hanging artwork in a heavy frame and (worse) with glass on it.
- Having a trio (are you looking for a threesome or a love triangle?).
- Even worse than above, images of multiple items.
- A blank wall.
What you put behind your headboard needs to be:
- Light in weight and soft, so if it ever fell, it couldn’t possibly hurt anyone.
- Representative of love.
- Emphasizing the number two (to enforce the couple idea.)
- In earth or skin colors, with a splash of fire colors.
This is the image I have behind my headboard. Peonies are a Feng Shui symbol for love.
So many of my clients have told me that they have a hard time finding an image that meets all those requirements, that I decided to offer this image on my Cafepress store:
This is the image my husband and I have over our headboard! 😊
A digital image to print on canvas
In our home we have this image printed on a wrap-around canvas. We had ours printed at Costco, but there are many other places that offer this service. If you would like to purchase a digital image to have it printed on canvas, go here.