It is not because of money, that you are not doing what you feel you ought to be doing, or that you are not getting what you know you should get.
I’m serious. Let me share some examples with you:
- A single mom asked to barter with me for a Feng Shui consultation. The service she offered was not something I had any interest in, but I wanted to help her out, because she told me “she didn’t have the money.” Shortly after, a common acquaintance attended a family finances round table with her. At that event, the single mom had boasted that she had enough money in savings so she could live without working for a few years.
- A woman talked me into doing a consultation for her pro-bono because “she didn’t have the money,” later on I learned that she enrolled in a four week course that cost over $2,500 dollars. Her consultation would have been much less!
- A man told me that he really wanted to take the training to Become a Feng Shui Consultant, but “he didn’t have the money.” A few months later, I saw on Facebook that he took his family on a 2 week vacation to Bali.
Most of the Time, It’s Not Because of Money
When people say “I don’t have the money” for something, what they usually mean is that they don’t feel they should be spending money on that particular thing, at that particular moment.
Many people grew up hearing “I don’t have the money” from their parents or caretakers whenever they asked for a treat or for a toy. Most of the time it wasn’t true. It was a parental strategy to stop nagging on its tracks.
As people grow up and become adults, they continue to use the same strategy to deal with the naggings of their soul. They tell themselves they “don’t have the money.” This way they can deny themselves things that are good for them, and replace parental controls with self sabotage.
Some folks develop manipulative strategies in dealing with other people so that they can “get away” with getting what they want, and not spend any money.
I believe most people who contact me, and tell me that they want to take a course or a training, or get a consultation “but they don’t have the money ” actually believe that they are telling the truth — even if a quick look into their bank accounts would disprove what they are saying.
It’s not because of money, that you don’t do what you say you want to do. It’s because you make excuses, instead of plans.
It’s an Excuse, not a Reason
Most of the time, “I don’t have the money” is an excuse and not a reason. Language has a separate word for “excuse” because it is not the same thing as a reason. An excuse is something we use as a justification for not doing what we think we should be doing, or not getting what we know we need to get.
In my opinion, the largest block in a person’s path is the habit of making excuses. In the Nine Steps to Feng Shui® System, the first step, completing the floor plan, seeks to modify this bad habit. As you complete the floor plan, you become aware that you already have everything you need to be happy, healthy and successful. All the opportunities you need are available to you, if you are willing to pay attention, have clear intent, and do the work to create a better future for you and your family.
Instead of Excuses, Make Plans
A few days ago I wrote and shared this meme on Facebook:
How about instead of making excuses for how your life is, you start making plans for how you want it to be?
This message got lots of likes and a few shares. There was one comment under the post that called my attention:
The turning point arrives when the most significant input into who we are is no longer a past we are trying to overcome, but rather the better future we are striving to create. This comment was made by Lonny Jarret, author of Nourishing Destiny (one of my favorite books).
I liked the comment so much that I got Lonny’s permission to share it in this newsletter.
In order to make excuses, you have to look towards the past, and seek those justifications of why your life is not all you want. If you look towards the future, towards what you want your life to be like, then it becomes a matter of action and not excuses. The best actions start with plans, with clear goals, and intent.
This post I had shared on Facebook, led to an interesting conversation with Lonnie over Facebook chat, where he further shared this gem: “A better future doesn’t just happen… it’s something we create.”
“A Better Future Doesn’t Just Happen… It’s Something We Create”
In the times of the movie The Secret and so many courses on the “Law of Attraction,” it is easy for people to be fooled into thinking that action is overrated.
A holistic business approached me recently wanting to learn more about Feng Shui principles of ethical marketing, that I share in the course Feng Shui for Business. When I submitted my proposal, they seemed very excited at first, but when they got back to me (after a week) they told me that, never mind, they had decided to do a “vision board” instead.
This kind of thinking, that all you have to do is visualize something hard enough for it to magically happen, has ruined the luck of many people I know. Visualization is great, but it needs to be followed by clear intent, and intent needs to be demonstrated by taking the right actions.
Manifesting Done Right
Seeing lives and prospects ruined by this kind of thinking motivated me to create the Feng Shui Manifesting Course.
Faith is great, but it needs to be followed by action. Action requires the investment of time, effort, and sometimes, money.
The Feng Shui Manifesting Course is designed to generate great returns from little work, but that little bit of work, you have to do. You have to watch the videos from beginning to end, and you have to do the weekly homework.
What I Do Now
Years ago, I couldn’t resist it when someone showed what I thought was true passion for Feng Shui but “didn’t have the money.” I offered big discounts, freebies, scholarships, you name it. Now I do something much better.
I refer people to a course that I created for this specific purpose: How to Manifest Money to Pay for a Training or Professional Services. In this course I share secret Feng Shui cures that you cannot find anywhere else. These cures have helped many people find the money and/or resources they needed in order to hire professional services or pay for courses they wanted to take.
- A woman needed a professional to make repairs in her home. She had been quoted $1000 to do this work. While she was taking the course, she got the $1000, but she also found someone to do the same work for a lot less money.
- Another participant in the course prepared the secret cure with the intent of manifesting $800 to pay for a healing course to ad to her toolbox. A few days later she received a call from someone who wanted to get a number of healing sessions with her, when you added the cost of the sessions, they added up to the amount of money she needed to pay for the course. The great thing is, this was someone to whom she had given a business card 5 years earlier!
- The most amazing results though, were from a student living on the West Coast, who wanted to take a training on the East Coast. She had submitted an application for a scholarship, but hers was one of thousands, and there were only 3 spots available. She told me, “Even if I win it, I don’t have the money for the trip, or the hotel.” Well, she won the largest scholarship, which included the airplane ticket and the hotel stay. All she had to pay for was lunch and dinner.
The Three Top Excuses
The three top excuses that I hear folks express when trying to justify the things they do not like about their lives are these:
- “I don’t have the money”
- “I don’t have the time”
- “I don’t have the energy”
We have talked about the first excuse in this article, and you can read about the second one here. As you may imagine, it is never really lack of time.
The third excuse, sometimes is actually not an excuse at all, but a valid reason. There are features in a home that can not only make you tired, but keep you in a state of fatigue. These may include a front door that opens to a staircase, being able to see the back door or a large window as soon as you come in, or lack of curtains or other window treatments.
The REAL REASON You Don’t Do the Things You Say you Want to Do
If you’re ready to find out the real reason you don’t do the things you say you want to do go here: https://www.ninestepstofengshui.com/blog/2017/04/26/real-reason-dont-things-say-want/