Completing the floor plan is the single most important task in the Feng Shui of any space.
You could have gotten the most perfect cures for each of the nine life areas, and your home will not be properly “feng-shuied” if you have not taken care of the basics, and the most important one is to complete the floor plan.
These are the most important things your Feng Shui consultant should assist you with:
- Completing your floor plan can do more for your career than the most perfect waterfall or water fountain by your entrance door.
- Taking care of extreme features, such as long and narrow hallways or double height ceilings can do more to bring balance into your relationships than placing the perfect cure in your relationship corner.
- Ensuring a correct entry and circulation of chi into your home can do more to strengthen your family and your health than placing a healthy plant in the health and family midpoint (an ideal cure for this life area).
- Seeing that there is an effective connection with nature in every room in the home, will do more for your wealth in the long run, than placing an image of a forest in the wealth corner.
- Analyzing the presence of the five elements in your home to prevent clashes of colors, shapes or materials will do more to harmonize your whole life than finding the perfect image for the center of your home.
- Accurately reading the messages your home is giving out and changing those messages to match the goals you have for your life is more important than finding the ideal cure for helpful people, spiritual life and travel.
And ALL OF THE ABOVE needs to be done BEFORE you do any decluttering, place any cures for the nine life areas, or even look at furniture placement.
If you do not know how to do these things, and you want your home to have great Feng Shui, you need to either:
- Buy and properly apply the advice in the book Feng Shui Your Own Home by following the questionnaires at the beginning of each section, or
- Get a Feng Shui Consultation for your home, or
- Get a Membership in the Room by Room Membership Website. There is a section in the room by room website that teaches you how to do this.
- Get a tile to complete your floor plan that pertains to the area in your home that is missing.