Can you walk through your home, or is clutter stopping you? Many people who suffer from clutter problems cannot do something as simple as walk through their home – without running into stuff.
The Real Purpose of Feng Shui Furniture Placement
Furniture arrangement is very important in Feng Shui, everybody knows that.
Few people know that the ultimate objective of arranging furniture the Feng Shui way is not the distribution of furniture. The objective is the creation of the empty spaces that the furniture delineates.
It’s in the empty spaces created by your furniture that life happens.
The Feng Shui bedroom arrangement focuses on creating spaces where each partner can have their needs met. If this happens, then there is less friction and more romance when they meet on the bed.
The Feng Shui family room arrangement focuses on how people sitting in this room will relate to each other and not just the TV or the gaming console.
Life Happens in the Empty Spaces
It is in the empty spaces that most of your life happens.
This is why clutter can mess up YOUR LIFE and not just your spaces.
- If the spots where your life is supposed to be happening are filled with stuff, then you are not living.
- If the empty space on top of a couch is occupied with boxes filled with books, then there is no place for you to sit.
- If the empty space on top of a desk is occupied with piles of junk mail mixed up with important documents and bills that might be overdue, there is no room for you to take care of paperwork.
The above examples of situations are bad enough. This is the worst:
If the spaces that should allow you to walk through a room – or to reach key pieces of furniture within a room – are filled with junk, then you have bad chi trouble. Your clutter is out of control.
Clutter in Circulation Spaces is THE WORST
Clutter in circulation spaces is the worst. The obvious circulation spaces in your home are:
- The foyer.
- The spaces in front and behind all doors.
Other circulations spaces are hidden. In other words, there are many little circulation hallways within a room. For example, the space between the couch and the TV needs to be clear, even if it means walking around a coffee table. The space between a bed and a dresser needs to be clear. Hint, if you have to kick shoes and clothes on the floor to the side to get to the dresser, that space is not clear.
What Good is a Room if You Cannot Get to It?
- What good is a room if it is so full of junk that you cannot go in and use it?
- What good is a dresser if you haven’t been able to get to it and open its drawers for months?
- What good is a shelf in your garage if you would need to levitate in order to get anything you have stored on it?
Being able to walk through a home, or not, may be the difference between having a clutter problem or having a clutter problem for which you need specialized help.
Can You Walk Through Your Home?
I remember a TV commercial that showed what a triumph it was for a woman who had previously been obese, to sit with confidence on a regular chair. People who have not had those sort of challenges with weight would not think that a person might be afraid of a chair.
If a similar commercial was done for people who struggle with lots of clutter, it would have to show a woman confidently putting her feet on her floors, knowing that she can walk though every spot in the home that was designed for walking.
- Can you walk, without tripping, through every room in your home?
- Within each room, are you able to reach all pieces of furniture?
- Are you able to use the top of all pieces of furniture?
I f you answered “no” to any of the 3 questions above, see below:
Please share this article with all your friends and family who would benefit from it, and remember to share the images on social media, especially Facebook and Pinterest, so you have them saved for yourself.