You may not think about it often, or maybe you do, since you are reading this article, but your home is already affecting you. It may even be keeping you from your goals.
The decisions you have made regarding colors, furniture, ornaments, and where to place each item in your home, say things about you. These messages establish a feedback loop between you and your home. This can be a positive feedback loop, but, for a lot of people, it is a negative feedback loop.
If you come home, and upon looking at your stuff, you say negative things about yourself in your mind, you have established a negative feedback loop.
After all, bad Feng Shui is like living with a person that constantly puts you down, telling you that you cannot do anything right, that you are a slob, or that your home is out of control. When your home is out of control, it is easy to feel like your life is out of control. If you think about it, keeping a home tidy, organized and beautiful, should be much easier than taking care of the different areas of your life!
Clutter, untidiness and lack of proper organization are very visible, obvious problems (and at the bottom of this article I will place some links to resources that can help you).
The most insidious problems in a home, however, may be things that you might not have known were problems, unless you studied Feng Shui.
9 Ways in Which Your Home May Be Hurting You
All the problems that a home could be creating in your life, can be summarized as follows. In other words, they fall in one of these categories.
- Your home may be making it easier for you to make excuses for why you aren’t happier, or more successful.
- Your home may be encouraging you to live a very unbalanced life.
- Your home may be making you tired or fatigued.
- Your home may be pushing you to look for the longest, hardest way to do things.
- Your home may be augmenting stresses, irritability and causing you to have more arguments!
- Your home may be helping you self-sabotage.
- Your home may be preventing your from letting go of past baggage.
- Your home may be guiding you towards the wrong goals.
- Your home may be making you feel like a victim
How Feng Shui Can Help
Feng Shui can help you:
- Stop making excuses.
- Be willing to accept what balance looks like for you at this stage in your life.
- Have more energy.
- Learn to work more efficiently.
- Get along with others better.
- Stop self-sabotaging.
- Let go of what keeps you back.
- Set healthy goals.
- Live from a place of power.
Of course, there are very specific steps that I take in analyzing your home. Then I suggest small changes you can make, so that your home starts working for you, instead of against you.
This May Surprise You
This may surprise you, but these features in your home can cause much more trouble than untidiness or messes, in your home and in your life.
In Feng Shui, we believe that:
- A tendency to make excuses is caused by an incomplete floor plan, or by the location of bathrooms.
- Extreme imbalances in the location and structure of staircases, entries and hallways can encourage living an unbalanced life.
- What you first see when you come home, and lack of circulation in your home can make you start the day already tired.
- Calendars, clocks, doors and windows that are not doing “their job” help you create obstacles in your life.
- Color clashes and negative combinations of shapes and materials, the location of the sink and stove, and other features in your home increase irritability and intolerance among couples and family members.
- Your artwork, ornaments, mirrors, and the way you have organized family photos can contribute to self sabotage.
- Your attachment to certain objects, in certain key places in your home, is holding you back.
- Your lack of clear symbols in the corners and midpoints of your home, or your mistakes in the placement of symbols, are making your goal setting weak.
- Disempowering furniture placement translates into loss of personal power and assertiveness.
Why Get a Feng Shui Consultation?
In a Nine Steps to Feng Shui® Long Distance Consultation…
- I advise you how to complete the floor plan so that your home can help you stop making excuses.
- I advise you on how to correct imbalances and extremes in staircases, entryways and hallways so that your home can assist you in living a more balanced life, for your particular stage in life.
- I help you redirect the flow of chi (life force) so that your home helps you increase your vitality.
- I take a look at all inside/outside doors, windows, clocks and calendars to make sure that your home helps you seek the path of least resistance and greater results.
- I help you harmonize colors, shapes and materials, to increase the harmony in your home, and reduce arguments, so you can get along with your loved ones better.
- I look for signs of self sabotage in ornaments and artwork, and give you tips on how to change the negative messages your home is giving you into positive messages, that help you live a happier life.
- I find the spots where your clutter is limiting your life, and help you let go of what is keeping you stuck.
- I tell you where and how you can place Feng Shui Life Area Cures so you can turn your whole home into a 3 dimensional prayer, to set goals that truly are aligned with your life mission and are for your Highest Good.
- I teach you how to arrange your furniture, so you can live from a position of power and have control over your life.
Nine Steps to Feng Shui® Long Distance Consultations are 12 Week commitments, and offer a thorough analysis of every aspect of your home. I effectively coach you through every single Feng Shui correction and cure, to give you impeccable Feng Shui at the end of the process, so your life can unfold the way it was meant to be, according to Heaven’s plan. Your home will look better, feel better, and function better. Your home will finally be supportive you in all aspects of your life.
A Way to Get Started
If you are getting started with Feng Shui and money is an issue, a Feng Shui Essentials™ Consultation can help you get started with Feng Shui. In this consultation I address the 7 most pressing problems in the Feng Shui of your home or business. This short, inexpensive consultation, can jump start your Feng Shui to effectively change the direction in which your life has been moving. You can then move towards a better future for yourself and your loved ones, with more health, happiness, prosperity and success. This consultation includes a free e-book.
Within 3 months of your Feng Shui Essentials™ consultation, you can apply the cost of this starter consultation to the total cost of your Nine Steps to Feng Shui® Long Distance Consultation (called Feng Shui Immersion Program).
If Clutter Is an Issue
If clutter is an issue, and has been for along time — regardless of your reading numerous articles and books about it — consider taking the course Declutter from the Heart. This course has helped folks who told me they had tried everything, and nothing had worked for them. Click on this link to learn more about this 12 week online pre-recorded course.
Get a Free Feng Shui Bagua Map and a 9 Life Areas Test
Get a free bagua map and life areas test, and subscribe to get great tips