Here are some tips on how to choose gifts that create good will:
- Don’t buy things that will quickly become trash or are likely to become clutter.
- Give gifts that will uplift the home or business of your loved one.
- Consider the other person’s taste, rather than your own.
- Do not use credit to gift to others.
- Use credit for a gift you get for yourself only if it will enable you to make more money.
- Give the recipient the freedom to return your gift and get something they really want.
- Know the love language of the person for whom you are getting a gift (words, touch, gifts, time, service).
Know the love language of the person for whom you are getting a gift:
- If the person’s love language is gifts, how expensive or hard to get the object is, means something to them.
- If the person’s love language is acts of service, they will appreciate something you made for them more than something you bought.
- If the person’s love language is quality time, tickets to an event or any activity where they will have your full attention may be the best gift.
- If the person’s love language is words of affirmation, make sure to include a card with a personal message with your gift.
- If the person’t love language is touch, cozy gifts with a big hug are best.
(For more information on the “Five Love Languages” check out Gary Chapman’s book by that name. A really good read!)
Get a Free Feng Shui Bagua Map and a 9 Life Areas Test
Get a free bagua map and life areas test, and subscribe to get great tips