According to some social studies, these are the 5 greatest fears of people:
- Fear of dying or losing someone you love.
- Fear of getting sick with a terminal illness.
- Fear of the dentist.
- Fear of losing a job or a business.
- Fear of public speaking.
However, the fear I have most encountered with Feng Shui students and clients, is the fear of making mistakes. It is not the fear of failure, but the fear of making a mistake — a single, isolated mistake.
Sometimes, students agonize over being able to choose the right rug for the foyer, or the right table cloth for the dining table.
The more familiar someone becomes with Feng Shui, the more afraid they are to choose the wrong items for the home:
- If they choose a curtain for the master bedroom in the wrong color, will their marriage be negatively affected?
- If they get the wrong kind of waterfall for their foyer, will they lose all their money?
- If they buy the wrong bed for the kids’ bedroom, will this affect their studies?
One reason folks love the Nine Steps to Feng Shui System® is that it eliminates all confusion from Feng Shui.
When someone is thinking about Becoming a Feng Shui Consultant, there are different fears at play, but they all boil down to the fear of making a mistake.
These are the most common fears I have seen in those who are considering starting their path to become Feng Shui consultants:
- “What if I choose the wrong school or teacher, and end up spending all that money with nothing to show for it?”
- “What if I don’t have what it takes?” “What if I don’t have the smarts to understand the course information, or the ability to do good Feng Shui Consultations for my clients?”
- “What if Becoming a Feng Shui Consultant is the wrong path for me?”
Let me address these fears right here:
- In order to help you make a decision in your choice of school and teacher, I have created this series of articles. You already know that there are 2 main branches of Feng Shui: Form School (based on the forms and shapes of the environment, and their symbolic importance); and Compass School (based on the magnetic directions, astrology, and numerology). You also know that the Nine Steps to Feng Shui® is a derivation of Form School, and that it uses other branches of Traditional Chinese Medicine as a reference. My school also has knowledge that I have added from my training in architecture. You know, by now, that I only use a “love and above” approach to Feng Shui, and do not use Feng Shui concepts that weaken or disempower clients.
- I spent 12 years of my life figuring out how to present Feng Shui information in a way that is easier to understand and apply. It doesn’t get any easier than this, folks! The Nine Steps to Feng Shui® System is a by the numbers system that tells you exactly what to check and what corrections to suggest at every step of the Feng Shui consultation. Former graduates of this system have told me: “If there is something I am sure of, is that I know exactly what to do when I go into a client’s home. I may get nervous in the beginning, but all I have to do is go back to my charts, and I know what to do next.”
- What if you choose to become a Feng Shui consultant and then find out it was the wrong path for you? I am not going to lie to you. This may happen. In fact, it has happened to former students. One former student told me, years after she took the training: “When I signed up for the course I was so sure that this was my path, I felt it in my heart. I knew I had to do this. During the training, I realized what I wanted to do is dance! Now I understand that the reason I needed to take the course was to find out my true passion, my true mission. If I hadn’t taken the course, I would not have found my life mission. Now I teach ballroom dancing, and have done some performances, and I teach dance fitness classes. I am happy!”Another former student who does not practice Feng Shui as a profession told me: “I have no regrets. The course has helped me improve my own life so much, it has made such a difference in my understanding of life and the universe, that I know every single penny I paid you was more than worth it! It was money well spent, and I wish to continue to take more courses and learn even more.”
My Fear for You
I am going to open up and share with you what is my greatest fear regarding students in the Nine Steps to Feng Shui® Consultant Training program:
My greatest fear is that graduating students will not do what it takes to start a business and find clients.
Starting a business as a Feng Shui consultant is, in many ways, like any other business. It takes time, dedication, and effort to set up the legal, physical and social aspects of running a business. You need to learn where you can find potential clients and how to talk to them. This means you need to learn how to sell Feng Shui services.
In the past, advisors have told me: “That is not your problem. You are providing the training, it is up to them to succeed in their business.”
It may not be, literally “my problem” how people do after graduating from the training, but the fact is that I CARE.
I want to help everyone of you succeed in becoming a Feng Shui consultant with a thriving business.
For this reason, when you finish the first part of your training, in which you learn from the videos and Feng Shui your own home at the same time, you will gain access to a Feng Shui Practitioner Online Manual In this manual I, share with you the basics of starting your Feng Shui business, while I guide you on the consultation of your first client. Click on the link above, if you wish, to explore the contents of the manual. In addition, I have created a course called “How to Promote Your Feng Shui Consultant Business,” a $1,800 value on its own, which I am including for free with your Earth level training.
Do you have what it takes? (Homework)
Go check the Feng Shui Consultant Training for Homes page now:
Once there, check the curriculum and click the down arrow to see all of it.
You will notice that the first lesson in each week is free to preview.
Go ahead and watch the 12 free previews offered. Can you understand the information provided? I am sure you can! The whole course is recorded in the same format of what you are going to see. All videos are between 1 minute and 8 minutes long, so course progress can be done whenever and wherever you have a few minutes to devote your attention to the course, a device (computer, laptop, smart phone, tablet), and internet access.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO COMMENT AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE USING THE “REPLY TO” BOX, SO THAT I KNOW YOU HAVE READ THIS ARTICLE. YOU CAN SIMPLY COMMENT BY WRITING YOUR NAME IN.
Get a Free Feng Shui Bagua Map and a 9 Life Areas Test
Get a free bagua map and life areas test, and subscribe to get great tips